One management tool for all smartphones to transfer files between PC & iOS/Android devices.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging services on Ios platform. Keeping a safe backup of message history is important. Now just imagine, you have had an important chat with a friend around evening and later that night, you plan to do a full reset on your phone. Well, you will lose that chat you had in the evening with your friend.
With this quick tutorial we demonstrate 2 approaches to backing-up WhatsApp messages off the iPhone.
You can save your WhatsApp conversations and media to your iCloud storage using iCloud backup. You can use this backup method in case you wish to transfer WhatsApp conversions to another iOS device or restore your device to factory setting. The iCloud backup process may take a while to complete, depending on your Internet connection and backup file size.
You can make a manual backup of your chats at any time by taking a trip into WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and tapping Back Up Now.
This will show you the Backup size currently stored in your iCloud account, displaying the backup details, including Messages quantities, Photos quantities.
You can also enable automatic, scheduled backups by tapping Auto Backup and then choosing your backup frequency. You can set up how often to automatically backup WhatsApp chats by tapping "Auto Backup" from the same screen.
NOTE: Video clips are excluded from iCloud backup, in order to free up space in the backup. (For the typical user, a single iPhone or iPad backup should fit easily into the free 5GB iCloud allocation. )
If you previously backed up WhatsApp chats via the iCloud option above, you are able to restore the messages back to the iPhone. To do so:
1. Once you install WhatsApp anew, enter your phone number and tap "Done"
2. From the next screen, tap "Restore chat history"
NOTE: the above option will only appear if you previously backed up the WhatsApp chats via iCloud. Otherwise the button will be greyed out. WhatsApp backup is not 100% reliable. In at least one occasion we were returned the following screen despite having previously backed up WhatsApp messages.
3. Stand-by until the WhatsApp messages are restored back to the iPhone.
The WhatsApp chat history is now restored to your iPhone.
Syncios Data Recovery for Windows or Syncios Data Recovery for Mac is a perfect solution which allows to save messages and attached media offline to the PC (photos, audio, videos are included) and in different file formats. You can view photos on your PC and transfer them to any other portable devices. As the whatsApp conversations, you can view the files as good-looking as they are on the iPhone.
1. Download and install Syncios Data Recovery to your computer by clicking below download button according to your computer system.
2. Run Syncios Data Recovery and connect your iPhone to it with USB cord. The program starts analyzing your iPhone information.
3. Once it’s done, click "Start Scan" button, the program will start scanning all the data in your iPhone, the scan process will take a while depending the data of your iPhone.
4. Once the scan is completed, all the recoverable data will be listed on the left column of the interface, the category will be automatically checked. Select "WhatsApp" from the the pane. You will see a list of WhatsApp conversations on the iPhone in the interface.
5. Tick the checkbox next to WhatsApp thread on the left, this will select all conversations at once, then press Recover button on the bottom right corner. You can also select individual messages within each conversation by tick the checkbox when viewing the whatsapp conversations, then click recover button.
6. You will get the prompt providing to recover solutions, simply choose "Recover to Computer", pick a backup location, Pick a location on the PC where to backup the messages, for example the PC’s Desktop and click Recover.
For now, the program supports backup WhatsApp messages in web page(html files). This allows for full interactivity when displaying the WhatsApp conversations on the PC.
7. The WhatsApp messages are backed-up at the PC location of your choice in html files . Photos will be stored in a separate folder. Double click on the file to open the message on the PC
8. You can now read through and interact with each WhatsApp conversation that you backed up off the iPhone directly from your computer.
Sending WhatsApp messages via email is easy but not ideal as this will only generate a TXT file containing plain conversation text which doesn’t include images or other attachments. You can, however, send conversation images via email as individual attachments separate from the TXT file. To send WhatsApp conversations via email:
1. Open WhatsApp and navigate to the conversation or group you wish to email in the chat list. Swiping right on the conversations, tap “more”, then choose Email conversation, Choose whether to attach media or not (i.e. attached photos or videos)
An email will be sent containing the chat history saved into an attached TXT document. If you chose to include media, all the most recent photos/videos from the conversation(s) will also be included as individual attachments. You are only able to send WhatsApp chats via email but not restore them back to the iPhone using this method.
Backup WhatsApp messages to iCloud is easy, but restoring the backup to iPhone not, since only if you re-install the app on your iPhone will it give you the option to restore. Is there any better solution to backup and restore WhatsApp messages? Of course, Syncios iPhone Manager helps you easily backup your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to your computer, and enables you restore it back to your iPhone whenever you needed. Truly a trick, we sincerely recommend this tool for you.
Step 1. Download and install Syncios iPhone Manager on your computer from the download button below, and then launch it.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable, tap Trust and enter unlock password on your iPhone screen to let the computer access your data. Syncios would detect your iPhone automatically.
Step 3. Click on Information section on the left of the panel, find WhatsApp on the top menu bar, then Syncios would start loading WhatsApp messages on your iPhone. After Syncios loaded your chats, click on Backup button, and set the path for your backup, then Syncios would backup your WhatsApp messages to your computer successfully.
Step 4. Of course, when you need to restore the backup to your device, click on Restore button, and select your previous backup to restore it back to your iPhone.