One management tool for all smartphones to transfer files between PC & iOS/Android devices.
- I have the latest version iTunes (v 184.108.40.206) installed on my computer (Windows 8.1) - iTunes seems to work ok, but when I plug the iPhone in (iOS 9.2) it doesn't appear and be recognised. The Explore do recognize the phone and I can copy photos from it, but iTunes doesn't react to it and fail to detect my iPhone.
The iTunes detection problem could be one of the most commom issues for every iTunes users. Once your iPhone, iPad or iPod won't connect to iTunes on your PC, make sure you have:
1. Installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer, if not, please go here to download.
4. Check the USB cable.
5. Restart your computer and iPhone/iPod/iPad.
6. Verified that Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed.
1. Connect your device to the computer. Quit iTunes if it opens.
2. Right-click Computer, and choose Manage as picture showed below:
3. The Computer Manager would be launched, on the left panel, choose Device Manager. Then expand Uiversal Serial Bus controllers; locate the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
4. To install or reinstall Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, Under the Other devices, double click Uiversal Serial Bus(USB) controller.
5. On the pop-out window, simply choose the second one Browse my computer for driver software.
6. The path should be: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers (if your had changed your iTunes installing path, please follow your own path.) For 64 bit users, please kindly note that it should be in Program Files folder, not the 'Program Files(x86)'.
7. Unplug your iOS device, then reconnect it using USB cable. Now, open your iTunes and you will see your iPhone,iPad or iPod is being recognized by iTunes.
Syncios Mobile Manager helps you manage, backup, edit, delete and transfer your iPhone/iPad/iPod or Android data on computer easily without using iTunes.